Centrelink & Medicare

Services Australia is the Federal Government department that provides Centrelink, Medicare, and Child Support services.

If you are having trouble with any of these services, we may be able to raise your concerns directly with Services Australia and help resolve your matter.

  • Ask Services Australia about the progress of your application.
  • Help you understand Centrelink, Medicare, and Child Support services.
  • Clarify questions you may have about Services Australia.
  • Provide you with financial advice. 
  • Complete Services Australia applications for you.
  • Resolve a problem if you haven’t tried to resolve it through ordinary channels first (for example, calling Medicare/Centrelink).

Services Australia

Advocacy, Support &
Legal assistance

  • Social Security Rights Victoria
    SSRV provides free legal services in relation to social security and Centrelink matters to people across Victoria. www.ssrv.org.au/
  • Economic Justice Australia
    EJA is the peak organisation for community legal centres that provide specialist advice to people on social security issues. www.ejaustralia.org.au/

EJA has factsheets on appealing a Centrelink decision, on carer payments, Centrelink debts, the disability support pension, relationship status and Centrelink, and more: Fact sheets | Economic Justice Australia (ejaustralia.org.au)

Accessing the Disability Support Pension

  • DSP Help by Social Security Rights Victoria
    DSP Help is a free resource for applicants and their support workers. www.dsphelp.org.au
  • DSP & Me
    DSP & Me is for people with disabilities who think they may be eligible for a Disability Support Pension. The website has guides in plain English, easy English and a screen reader version. https://drc.org.au/resources/dsp-me/  

Want the latest news from Fraser?

Sign up to Daniel Mulino’s mailing list.